Investment Management: Success Rate of Filipino Investors in the Stock market

Today was day 1 of my Investment Management class and our professor shared something very interesting.  He gave us the percentages of the success rate of investments made by Filipinos (in the stock market).  I don't know where he got his data or how accurate it is but trust me when I say he's not the type to make things up.  He gave us the following figures:
  • 90% of the investors lose money
  • 7%  of the investors break even
  • 3% of the investors gain / make a profit
It was shocking to hear that 90% of the investors actually lose money!  And only 3% actually gain from it!  With these figures, one might say that investing in the stock market is not that much different from gambling.  I wonder what possible reasons there are that brought this about.  I hope to be able to figure these out and eventually be able to share these reasons with you.

Have articles sent to your Email for FREE. Subscribe by Email

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Related Articles:



 

1 comments:

  1. porta said,


    You are one straightforward writer. I enjoyed reading your article and taking in all the interesting information. I share your thoughts on many points in this content. This is great.

    Depository trust company

    on October 12, 2012 at 4:57 AM