Commandment no. 1: Pay Yourself First

Entrepreneur, buisnessman, financial adviser Francisco Colayco shares his expertise about investing.  This is his1st commandment of 10.  Pay yourself first! 

Income - Savings = Expense
Savings should not be the other way around which is Savings = Income-Expense.  Use the 80/20 Rule and pay yourself first.  Set aside 20% of your monthly income for savings.  This will go a long way.  Use only the remaining 80% for expenses.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Related Articles:



 

9 comments:

  1. The 80/20 Rule is more commonly known as the Pareto's Principle.

    Income minus Savings = Expense is the ultimate equation to saving and becoming frugal.

    on June 24, 2009 at 9:35 AM  


  2. That is true Millionaire Acts ... thanks for dropping by.

    on June 24, 2009 at 9:57 AM  


  3. This is a good post. People have gone from...

    Savings - Income = Expense
    to
    Savings = Income - Expense
    to
    Expense - Income = DEBT

    Commandment 1, if applied at an early age is almost a SURE shot to wealth!

    on July 4, 2009 at 4:19 PM  


  4. Hi Matt!

    quite true. It's really how much you save that will make you wealthy ^^

    on July 4, 2009 at 11:44 PM  


  5. Anonymous said,

    Is it really saving that makes us rich over investing or both?

    on December 14, 2009 at 11:19 AM  


  6. Hi to the Anonymous commenter.

    Saving is actually a form of investing already. Once you save you are already investing. And Yes, developing a conscious habit to save will eventually make you rich.

    By investing in investment instruments with more risks, the return is also potentially higher but returns are usually not guaranteed - like say investing in
    Mutual Funds and UITFs.

    This post on riding something to wealth might help explain things further ^^

    Ride Something to Wealth

    on December 14, 2009 at 1:03 PM  


  7. Anonymous said,

    Thank you, sir.

    If I save P10,000 in my piggy bank its worth after one year is P10,000.
    If I save P10,000 in my preferred bank at 2% annual interest its worth after one year is P10,200.

    If I invest my P10,000 in buy&sell(trading) with a monthly income of P50, its worth after one year is P10,600.

    on December 14, 2009 at 2:57 PM  


  8. Anonymous said,

    It should be 90/10 rule

    10% as Tithes.

    then from the 90% remove your savings (20% or 10%)

    on January 14, 2012 at 11:11 PM  


  9. Greed is a common enemy which
    conquers so many of us.

    So when you see an opportunity
    to create wealth it’s natural
    that greed can influence our
    actions.

    However, greed can lead to
    indiscipline and sabotage.

    The proof of wealth you
    will see on this private page
    will get your eyes rolling:

    http://five-minute-profit-sites.net?UDT5847

    However the key to using
    the information in this
    video to your benefit, is
    to stay focused and stay
    disciplined.

    Usually that’s easier said
    than done.

    However when you have a team
    as successful as this to
    guide you step-by-step
    there is very little opportunity
    to fail.

    Go to this private page right now.

    It could be the turning point
    in your quest for financial
    prosperity:

    http://five-minute-profit-sites.net?UDT5847

    on September 24, 2018 at 2:19 PM