Stock Trading and Investing Books

I am a Money Magnet! We are Money Magnets!

Good Morning 2011! 

2011 will be a great year.  I can just feel it.  This year and probably for the next couple of years as well, I've decided to focus on learning how to trade and invest in equity markets.  I've started this journey a few years back but it was only the last quarter of last year that I decided to really follow the market and learn both technical and fundamental analyses.  If you are looking to embark on the same journey as well, I found the following recommended books on the internet.


Recommended books for budding Stock traders and investors:

1. Technical Analysis of The Financial Markets by John Murphy
2. The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham
3. One Up on Wall Street by Peter Lynch
4. Trading for a Living by Dr. Alexander Elder
5. Market Wizards and The New Market Wizards by Jack D. Schwager

Last year, I finished reading Technical Anaysis of The Financial Markets and learned a few tricks on how to do technical analysis.  It has proven to be helpful in trying to time by BUY and SELL actions in the equity market.  A little more experience and I know I will get the hang of it.   

Since I couldn't find a copy of Peter Lynch's One Up on Wall Street, I started reading Beating the Street instead.  It's by the same author and I think similar if not the same concepts are being taught.  Early on, Peter Lynch stressed the fact that historically, the equity market has proven to provide better returns than any other investment vehicle.  The first chapter also showed how 7th graders outperformed market portfolios created by professional fund managers.  He elaborated that anyone can truly invest in the stock market and that investing doesn't have to be hard and difficult.  The simplest stock picking strategies in fact have proven to be more effective than complicated systems developed by professionals.  

Then I came to realize that John Murphy himself, stressed the point that when doing Technical analysis, it's important to not over complicate things and to simply rely more on a simple approach given the fact that there are already a lot of variations introduced. 

While scavenging the net for information, I also bumped into the following sites which provided credible information and helpful tips and hints about the Philippine Stock Market.  

1. Finance Manila
2. Gus Cosio Says So
3. Absolute Traders
4. Laid Trades

Well, it's time to get back to my readings and learn more.  I look forward to sharing more with you, Money Magnets, in the weeks to come.  Happy investing everyone and keep on attracting money even in 2011!!!









Get your free email updates.  Subscribe here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Related Articles:



 

0 comments: